Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Approaching maximum exhaustion

Major clearance operations continued today, with friends and family stopping in - and then heading out with their cars stuffed to the brim with Stuff. Possibly the nicest moment was seeing Buddha off to his new home, sitting in the passenger seat of Sandy's car with his seat belt on. That's the way I brought him home from the shop a few years ago. He'll enjoy Sandy's lovely back garden - much better than being in a packing carton for three years.

And then amongst all the garbage bags and cartons - an email arrived from Kyle booking me up for lots of opera (and a little ballet) at Covent Garden! I needed that small reminder about why I am doing this. *deep sigh*

The professional packers are arriving at 7.30 am tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment