Friday, August 27, 2010

Spic and span


After five hours of washing and cleaning today my house was spic and span inside and out. The real estate property manager came to visit. I gave him the keys, shook his hand, and said ‘look after it.’ It would have been a little over the top to burst into tears, so I restrained myself, but with difficulty. In any event, the deed is done, and the new occupiers move in tomorrow, I think.

Lots of friends have sent me expressions of support and encouragement – thank you!  I am not sure whether this message from el vasco could be considered in that category, but as always he at least gave me a smile, albeit rueful:

‘So , twice in a few years. Lucky you (no, not lucky; well earned). I wonder what your dog would think about it, and about philosophy in general, anyway.

Let’s pause for a moment and think of the dog, gone to doggie heaven last week. He was seventeen in dog years (is that about 106 in human years?) and disabled, but still.

Today also I managed a flying visit to The Office, or should I say The Ex-Office. It was absolutely necessary for me to stop in and say goodbye to a certain exemplary secretary (yes you – are you reading this Philomena?) plus other good friends. I was rather surprised to meet a number of people who said they had been reading my blog –this is a good thing, people, but make a comment or ‘follow’ so I know you’re out there. No lurking, now!

There is not much left to do in Sydney now except to see family and friends for some final farewells. It is also necessary to sleep big time: I am totally exhausted from the house packing up thing, but done. Done! On to philosophy, Europe, culture, new friends...oh, and a possibility of lunch at el Bulli – what do you think? http://www.elbulli.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment